Passionate about small crafts and innovative engineering ?
Looking for new challenges in the field of naval architecture and composite structural design?
Come and join our team as:
JUNIOR NAVAL ARCHITECT
Who we are looking for ?
To work here is a challenge everyday, jump in at the deep end and have goals that will force you to grow. We will expect you to expand your skill set and push our company forward with exceptional naval architecture skills and innovative ideas.
It´s not for everyone, but if you’re the right person, well give you great opportunities of your future professional life. We look for ambitious, highly motivated individuals just graduated or with a few years of working experience in the field of yachting, who value our culture of ownership – who want to build up a company with us and not just a career.
In close cooperation with our Senior Naval join a driven international team that shares your desire for innovative Naval Architecture, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return we will reward your achievements and offer interesting future options.
Your daily business:
- Naval Architecture, engineering and composite engineering of the yard´s products for the super yacht industry
- Close collaboration with shopfloor
- Subcontractor management
- Projectmanagement and project coordination of single projects– technical side.
- Class liaison
- Technical documentation
- Successful graduation as Naval Architect
- Basic skills in Yacht and special craft design with focus on Naval Architecture and 3D- Modelling
- Solid understanding of ship and marine structures in composites and advanced composites
- Practical experience in/and according to shipyard industry or construction department preferably in boatbuilding, small crafts
- Passion for small crafts
- Basic knowledge in dealing with materials such as plastics, fiber composites, preferable experiences in wood
- Good level of SolidWorks (parametric modeling) and Auto CAD (2D/3D)
- High motivation and good assertiveness
- High level of initiative, autonomy and strong communication and organization skills
- Communications skills in English and preferably as well in German
- Very good and confident behavior towards customers, suppliers etc.
About our company:
yachtwerft meyer is based in the region of Bremen and is a medium sized family owned company (about 50 employees on average) with a very good standing in its segment. The company has become a well-known innovative address in the world of shipyards for special boats, including private customer business as well as a successful supplier for mega yachts sectors, national and international.
In addition the company group created another important focus that can be used in the development and construction of innovative products in the fiber composite part as be used in shipbuilding, aviation and automobile industry.
The opportunity is here – make it yours !
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org